Frequently asked questions
What should I consider when choosing a slab?
1. Stone maintenance - Stone is a product with simple care, and with a bit of maintenance you can keep it looking beautiful for years to come.
2. Color - Stones are available in a beautiful spectrum of colors from soft beiges to multi colored exotics.
3. Finish - Stone is available in a number of finishes such as polished and honed.
- A polished finish has a glossy surface that reflects light and emphasizes the color and markings of the stones.
- A honed finish is a satin-smooth surface with relatively little reflection.
What can I do to avoid damaging the stone?
You have made an excellent investment in new natural stone. But what an you do to make that investment last?
- Avoid spilling any foods and drinks contain acids that will etch or dull the surfaces of many stones.
- Use coasters under all glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices.
- Do not place hot items directly on the stone surface.
- Although we usually think of stone as hard, it is a porous material that can absorb spills and stains if left untreated.
- Sealing your stone with a quality impregnating sealer will prevent most spills from damaging your investment. We recommend stone tech professional heavy duty stone sealer for less porous or semi-porous stone and stone tech professional bulletproof stone sealer for very porous stone.
If serious stains occur, call us for repairs.
Do I have to purchase a whole slab?
In most cases you do, and how much material needed is determined by the layout and the amount of waste. We will lay out your job in a way that will minimize the amount of waste material while maximizing the natural beauty of veining and pattern.